Parsons Corporate Headquarters
100 West Walnut Street
Pasadena, California 91124, United Arab Emirates
Feb 02, 2018
Job Posting Date:
Jan 27, 2018
The Resident Engineer (Structure/Tunnel) will assist the Senior Resident Engineer in administering the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project, with specific duties related to the work on the review and approval of the structure/tunnel design and shop drawings. He will supervise the work of the ARE and the inspectors working on the construction supervision of the structure/tunnel and the associated works.
• Direct the site supervision related to structure/tunnel and associated works.
• Coordinate his direct activities with the other discipline RE’s to maintain consistency and integrity in the overall construction.
• Responsible for reviewing all shop drawings, design proposals, method statements, any requests for information relating to the structure/tunnel works.
• Review of temporary works designs
• Coordinate with Parsons' design Engineers for resolution of related issues.
• Maintain the Resident Engineer’s daily diary and daily diaries and reports by his subordinates.
• Coordinate with the Contractor on scheduling and application of resources.
• Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the construction team working on the supervision of the construction of the structure/tunnel and associated works including AREs, inspectors and surveyors.
• Coordinate with Client/PMC, the Contractor and related concerned authorities.
• Advise on contractual and construction matters regarding tunnelling and associated drainage works, utilities diversions and installations, traffic diversions, and other related works.
• Supervise, review, monitor and report on the progress of the structure/tunnel and associated works.
• Liaise with all parties for site safety.
• Convene and chair regular site meetings about issues related to structure/tunnel and associated work and related activities.
• Issue additional drawings etc. as required in coordination with the design office.
• Ensure prompt exchange of correspondence and approvals.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
• Act positively, and participate in all health and safety issues at the site, as required by the Senior Resident Engineer, and the Project Safety Representative.
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering and minimum fifteen (15) years post graduate experience in design, site supervision, and construction management of structures and tunnels in major highway projects.
• Demonstrable experience in all aspects of civil supervision on major road, highway and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer (PE) registration or other similar prof-sessional organisations accepted by the Authority.
• Emphasis on Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality Control.
• Should be able to coordinate with the material department in the review and justify the material submissions analyse laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project’s Specifications.
• Must have a sound knowledge of contractual relationships.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilise computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.